TravAlarm was working on an update to sync Google Calendar events to our trip planner app. I was tasked with conducting the usability tests.
1. The color scheme didn't communicate delay information intuitively.
2. The sizing was too small: Users had trouble reading the event cards.
1. A color scheme based the traffic system: red for heavy delays, amber for delays, green for good service.
2. A service delay window above the map that shows the service information for the event you have selected.
3. Show 6 hours on the timeline instead of 8. This allows for bigger time cards and larger text.
1. The color scheme still wasn't intuitive.
2. The delay board was to far from the Time cards.
3. Users were not connecting the map to their selected route at first glance.
1. Removing the map from the homepage to narrow focus.
2. Changing the delay color scheme to icons and colored borders. If there's a delay, the icons/borders will flash until clicked.